October 21, 2010

thumbnail

Persistence

Jim Rohn is quoted as saying, “Success is steady progress toward one’s personal goals.”

There seems to be something magical about staying focused on a goal and being willing to not be deterred at achieving it no mater what. Some may think that its as simple as setting a goal, believing in the goal as the end all be all and work their entire lives at trying to attain that one thing.. The drive finally attain something no matter what obstacles it takes to achieve it.

More commonly this is called Persistence. A quality that has been inferred as the most important quality of being a leader. While this can be debated at the round table for hours, it no doubt is a trait which is desirable and a common theme of those who are successful.

What does it take to be persistent? Two things. First is a specific measurable end goal with an Action Plan to achieve it.  Thats the first 20% of the equation. The remaining 80% is the discipline to put the plan into action! Whether its practicing playing a musical instrument or calling prospective clients, nothing happens with out action!

An easy trick is to break the plan into steps  helps break up the large goal into manageable bits. Working each step until it is complete and not skipping ahead keeps steady and persistent progress to fully completing what it is you set out to do. Aesops Fables story about the Tortoise and the Hare sums it up the best: Slow and steady wins the race. One step at a time and you’ll persistently make progress toward what you want to achieve!

If you’re reading this and wondering “I wish I could do that..,” call (239-878-2328) or email.. you deserve to have the lifestyle you want to live!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



user-avatar
Today is Wednesday
September 20, 2017